Thursday, August 24, 2006

Odd "Array" output in Joomla/PHP module solved

I had an odd problem in which a Joomla! module I was writing was outputting "Array" after its output.

I didn't find any code in the module itself that was capable of outputting this error message, since this came after the last line of the module's output echo() statements. So, I was puzzled!

Then I realized that it might have been because I had overwritten a global variable. I had liberally used variables like $id, $content, $categories, etc. So I replaced all my variable names with ones that couldn't possible belong to the reserved variable list ... such as $category__id, etc.

And that solved the problem! :)

1 comment:

John said...

Thank you so much! I was going mental over this.