Thursday, July 14, 2005

Made glibc 2.3 lrp package

I threw in the towel with uCLibc and created a glibc 2.3.2 LRP package. I also created LRP packages for libm and libpthread that are glibc based.

And hey - 7DS works on LEAF Bering-uCLibc/WRAP now! (Will try to add screenshots soon.)

The reason I decided not to use uCLibc was because:
  1. I couldn't run it on the Linux box I was building under because I am not root - so no /lib/ld-uclibc.x.x (wonder why the links are hardcoded)
  2. When I finally managed to transfer a uCLibc-compiled version of a simple program to the WRAP board, two things happened:
    1. First, it complained that libgcc_x.so.1 was missing.
    2. After I manually copied that library file, my program gave segmentation faults that I couldn't fix, because LEAF has no debugger.
So I went back and created my own glibc 2.3 LRP packages. I referred to the files that were in the glibc 2.2.5 package and created one - and it worked!

No comments: