Friday, June 13, 2008

Resolving compile problems with PSU's MAR - include directories and postgresql-dev

Today I attempted to install PSU's Multiple Access Router component for WORKIT. However, I found that I had to set up the include directories in the makefile in order to get the component to compile.

These are the lines I added to the CONFIGURE that is used by the Makefile to get it to work:

CFLAGS += -I/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.2/include/
CFLAGS += -I/usr/include/c++/4.1.2/
CFLAGS += -I/usr/include/c++/4.1.2/i486-linux-gnu/
CFLAGS += -I/usr/include/linux/


In addition, I also had to install the Postgresql-dev package since it complained of "libpq-fe.h" missing. I installed it using:

apt-get install postgresql-dev


I did have to change one setting that was causing a conflict with the INCLUDE directories for the root Makefile. This file was /dotconf/Makefile, and I commented the following line:

# CFLAGS =

No comments: